TVC is Hiring
Published Friday, January 4, 2019
POSITION TITLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE/HELP DESK
Thames Valley Communications (TVC) is dedicated to providing the best internet, VOIP and video entertainment to Southeastern Connecticut. TVC desires the finest innovative and creative staff to continue to build on the best services for customers.
This position is responsible for sales orders, customer service assistance, cable/internet/phone help desk problems and works independently with little supervision. The person in this position must have an outgoing personality, a strong focus on helping customers and natural ability to provide solutions. This position requires flexibility of working evenings and weekends, work a variable schedule as necessary and have regular, consistent and punctual attendance. This position works 40 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes inside sales of TVC services utilizing a computerized billing system, receives and responds to a high volume of telephone calls providing billing and technical support.
- Works the help desk assisting customers with a variety of problems with cable, internet and phone services. Offers supportive sales techniques by offering current promotions and special offers, to include making outgoing calls on leads provided.
- Understands customer needs and expectations on every call to ensure an exceptional customer experience; Educates customers as to how to solve similar technical issues in the future.
- Answers complaints and inquiries relative to billing and service; tracks, analyzes, and completes the necessary paperwork and computerized systems processing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned including at offsite locations.
- This position requires working weekends and holidays.
Working knowledge of Cable Technology, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and IP Networking.
Outgoing personality, comfortable with selling and a strong customer service focus. Strong computer entry skills and neat handwriting. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is mandatory.
Able to work independently without supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Technical school diploma in technology related field desired. Associates degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
Experience in a customer technical support or help desk position preferred
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to provide solutions for unusual and difficult situations.
Thames Valley Communications offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including health and life insurance, STD and LTD, vacations, holidays, and 401k.
Only qualified applicants shall submit a resume and salary requirements to:
No phone calls please.