Do you provide Parental Controls?
If you have a cable box through us, the answer is Yes. You can restrict viewing and purchases of TV programs and services, lock programming by ratings, channels or titles. You can also hide adult titles from being displayed on-screen. Note: TV Parental Controls settings do not affect online or device Parental Controls and must be configured independently.
Why are my wireless speeds slower than my direct wired connection speeds?
There are several variables that may impact your speed when you’re connected to the Internet through a wireless (WiFi) network.
- how many devices are being run on your network at the same time,
- the distance between the router and the connecting devices, building wall thickness and type (ie steel, cement),
- bandwidth and signal settings,
- number of active adjacent WiFi networks sharing same wireless channel
For video streaming and online gaming TVC recommends directly connecting your device to your modem.
Does TVC guarantee my Internet speed will be the same as my subscription tier?
No. TVC does not guarantee that the results of the Speed Test will match your plan tier 100% of the time. There are a number of things that are out of TVC’s control which may impact your speed;
- the quality of your home network connection,
- third party networks you may be connected to,
- the processing power of your personal computing devices,
- the performance quality of websites you visit, and internet congestion.
Speed test results vary based on:
- individual’s browser,
- browser version,
- operating system,
- computer’s processing power,
- network connection.
For example: Running the speed test using Chrome (latest version) on an iOS will show download speeds are slower than if ran using FireFox (latest version) on an iOS.
If you have any questions regarding your Internet speed please contact our Technical Support team at 860-446-4009.
How do I program my Flat Screen TV?
Generic Programming Instructions (must have a QAM tuner):
- Access the menu from your television’s remote control (or the menu buttons on the front / side of your TV)
- Go to the “Channel” or “Set-Up” mode
- Select the “Auto Program” or “Channel Scan feature”
- Choose the “Cable” setting (not antenna or Air)
- If asked, select the “STD” or Standard setting (not HRC)
- Start the scan mode
When scan is complete, check for digital channels. Digital channels will have a dot or dash (ex 25.1 or 25-1) Note: This programming process could take up to 20 minutes to complete.