Solar Interference Cause Slight Loss of Signal in March
The first sign of Spring is right around the corner. Starting on February 28th and lasting until March 7th, Cable TV operators experience a few days of solar interference with the video reception from satellites we receive. This results in the degradation or loss of satellite signal for short periods. Solar interference is an inherent part of satellite operations. The effects are seen on most channels and occur during various times of the day. Interruptions can last from just a few minutes to up to 15 minutes a day.
Windows Tech Support Phone Scam Alert:
Cybercriminals don’t just send fraudulent email messages and set up fake websites. They might also call you on the telephone and claim to be from Microsoft. They might offer to help solve your computer problems or sell you a software license. Once they have access to your computer, they can do the following:
- Trick you into installing malicious software that could capture sensitive data, such as online banking user names and passwords. They might also then charge you to remove this software.
- Take control of your computer remotely and adjust settings to leave your computer vulnerable.
- Request credit card information so they can bill you for phony services.
- Direct you to fraudulent websites and ask you to enter credit card and other personal or financial information there.
Neither Microsoft nor their partners make unsolicited phone calls to charge you for computer security or software fixes. Once they’ve gained your trust, they might ask for your user name and password or ask you to go to a website to install software that will let them access your computer to fix it. Once you do this, your computer and your personal information is vulnerable. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.
Policies and Disclaimers
Service Agreement, Letter of Permissions, Policies
- Subscriber Agreement
- High Speed Internet Utilization Policy
- Commercial Subscriber Agreement
- Digital Phone Subscriber Agreement
- Service and Equipment Agreement
- Copyright Infringement Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Landlord Letter of Permission